Thursday, April 10, 2008

What a morning!

I'm playing hooky, sort of. I'm home from work awaiting a delivery, and having a bit of guilty pleasure at how beautiful it is outside. Is it really like this out here, while I'm stuck in a cubicle all day?

The sky's flawlessly blue, and the sun is sparkling off the shiny leaves of the coastal live oaks outside my kitchen window. Actually, there's a bit of a breeze that may turn into a Santa Ana later this week, but right now it's just a welcome breath of spring air.

I went to the kitchen to refill my coffee, and what did I see?
Two little mourning doves perched on top of the trellis that covers our deck. The wisteria that climbs over the trellis is in full bloom, and the little doves were among the leaves and pannicles of blossoms.

What a gift! Shouldn't every day begin with a visit from doves?

So that's why I've decided to call this blog Dove Today - because everyday, maybe there will be a dove.

1 comment:

JCK said...

Congrats on starting a blog! Doves are a good sign of things to come. And wisteria...well, it is just flat out gorgeous!