Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Training Day

I just attended a training session for Microsoft Office 2007 today. I've had this on my home computer since earlier this spring, but I don't do a lot of documents at home, so my work with Word and Excel at home has been mildly annoying but I get what I need done.

But while I was on vacation, they replaced my computer with a new one with Office 2007 installed. And it's been driving me crazy!!!! What the heck is the new menu and where do I find all the things I used to use that I can't find anymore?

Today's training session really helped me a lot. I'll be up and running with it in no time.

How many of you are working with Microsoft Office 2007 now? What do you think of it?

3 comments:

Barrie said...

What threw me into a tizzy what switching from a PC to a Mac! Good for you, getting your training done! (I bought a software training packet to help me make the switch, but.....I haven't done it yet.) Sigh

JCK said...

I think I like it, but it does really throw you. I made the jump from 1997 to 2007, so it was a whopper! :) I have been self-teaching, but a workshop would be helpful.

mikey said...

Everybody I know complained. All the things you know how to do are in there, but WHERE?? For MS to tinker with the UI at this point is insane. And wouldn't you think there would be an "Office Classic" option?

But you know what? More and more I use Google Docs. Absolutely love it. It works in any browser and keeps all my files in the cloud for me. It's the beginning of the realization of the dream.

mikey