Friday, April 23, 2010

Rose

I missed signing up for Pink Saturday this weekend because I was too busy. More to follow about a busy Thursday, a blogger meet-up and all kinds of shenanigans.

But look at this pink rose that is open in my garden this week.

It's an Austin Rose - one of David Austin's roses bred to bring back fragrance and Old Rose quartered beauty to our gardens. I got it so long ago I am not sure what it is, but I think it is Climbing St. Swithun.

Here it is on an early spring morning, droplets not of dew but from the sprinkler beading its delicate petals.

11 comments:

Sue said...

This is a perfect photo. You couldn't have done it any better!

CaShThoMa said...

This is so gorgeous I can smell it!

smalltownme said...

It's just lovely!

It was so nice to meet you last night!

Gilly said...

That is such a delicate rose. The old roses are the best, I always think. The lovely perfume seems totally absent from some of the newer ones, and the colurs can seem harsh.

Perfect photo, as always!

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi
molto rosa questa rosa !
Fiore perfetto !
Buona giornata.

Unknown said...

Well, perhaps you missed signing up, but you were my special mention on my Pink Saturday post. Your rose is gorgeous!

P.S. please stop by, you will never guess the surprise waiting for you.

Karen

Tristan Robin said...

gorgeous photo - really.

I wish our roses would start budding, let alone blooming!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

GORGEOUS! Please install smell-o-vision. :)

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Please install smell-o-vision. :)

For the sake of John Waters!
!

JCK said...

Gorgeous, G! Love the water drops.

It was wonderful to see you on Thursday night. I hope BOSSY made it to the Alligator, and got to see Topanga in the early morning.

materfamilias said...

I love the Austin roses and have a few in my garden -- can't understand the attraction of the no-scent roses, visually beautiful though they may be . . .