Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bucket List

"The Bucket List" is a 2007 movie staring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. It's about two terminally ill men, who become friends and decide to devote their remaining time to complete their wish-list of things they want to do before dying - or "kicking the bucket."

We shouldn't have to face death to start thinking about a Bucket List. Here - in no particular order - are some things I'd like to do before I kick the bucket:

1) Learn to surf

2) Visit the South of France

3) Learn to make real puff pastry

4) Learn how to paint with watercolors

5) Tour Sissinghurst Garden in England

What are the top five things on your Bucket List?

7 comments:

smalltownme said...

Well, I recently crossed off paragliding and oil painting from my list!

experience weightlessness
learn to play the acoustic guitar
ride a riverboat
see an opera
visit Venice

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I loved that movie.

I'd like to retire some where on a river, lake, or ocean. I love the water (not just looking at, but swimming in it, fishing on it, etc.).
~

CaShThoMa said...

Hmmmm. I figure my list might change depending on my mood but right now, I'd like to...
1. fly in an F16 (I'll never get the chance)
2. take a walking tour somewhere; maybe England or Nova Scotia?
3. visit Australia and New Zealand
4. splurge on a several hundred dollar bottle of wine
5. sing Karaoke

Beck said...

I think at this point in my life my bucket list would include:

1. Skydiving
2. Traveling to Europe
3. A cross country trip to see this great nation.
4. Become a Certified Nurse Anesthetist.
5. See a Broadway show!

Jason, as himself said...

Knowing you, I am surprised that you haven't done these things on your list already. And knowing you, you will have them done by next Tuesday.

Sue said...

You know I used to think of things like that more often. I think I've been so busy just living that I haven't had time to "wish" much lately.

I want to see the Grand Canyon and New England. I want to hold my daughter's baby (but not quite yet), I may still write a cookbook...not sure if I want to anymore and I want to own and decorate at tiny cottage on the water somewhere.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking along these lines lately --there's even a post in my queue about it-- but I haven't managed to come up with a single thing! How sad is that?

Provence is beautiful. I'm off to google Sissinghurst Garden.