Monday, November 14, 2011

Marathon in high heels


This has been a marathon weekend - on the social front.

Disney Hall, interior
Two nights out - dinners, followed by events, followed by receptions. Steam-table food, cheap wine, the focus on talking and socializing kept us hungry and thirsty - meaning drive-thru fast food on the way home. Taco Bell or Mickey-D's - what's your pick? Or do you have energy for a meal at a real restaurant?

Disney Hall exterior, at night
On the plus side, excellent music and performances - and some surprising star appearances. Oh, yes, I was certainly glad I was there!

On the downside - tired feet!

6 comments:

smalltownme said...

My pick would be In'n'Out.

Corinna said...

Disney Hall is beautiful--I have yet to go inside. Have you been to the new (ish) Performing Arts Center at Cal State Northridge yet? It's a very well-designed space, and the acoustics are fantastic. My husband and I saw the Chinese Philharmonic there, and it was awesome. Oh, and I ageee with In N' Out--grilled cheese animal style.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

High heels - I can't imagine how you get around in them!
~

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place!

I'd stop at a grocery with a deli and get a few things that look delicious, and have a picnic on the way home -- with my shoes OFF!

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I think women's shoes are a plot against women by guys who hate them.

Sheila said...

A trip to the shoe department is mandatory. Please.