Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pink sky for morning


 I know I haven't been posting as frequently as usual, and I'm not sure why. Things just seem very busy. Yesterday it rained and was cold. It was pouring as I drove in, and when I walked to lunch although it was dry, there were dark rain clouds in the sky, threatening.

Both  [The Man I Love] and I have been battling this terrible cold or whatever it is that's going around. I feel like we've both had it twice, and never really got well in between. We're both so congested and hoarse that we keep clearing our throats all the time - he said a visitor to the house would think we were engaged in some kind of passive aggressive non-verbal communication - "Ah hhhhhemm!" "Hmmmph!" "Hmm, hmm Hemmmm!"

This cold also saps our energy, so we don't go adventuring, bur rather spend our time off at home, staying warm and resting - and suffering from cabin fever.

I'm also following with some sense of disbelief and horror, the Republican primary race. Dear God. What have we unleashed in this country?

This morning I was greeted by a pink sky over the mountains to the west - taking color from the rising sun I can't see yet, as its disk is still hidden by the mountains behind me to the east. It will be a good day.

4 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Dear God. What have we unleashed in this country?

I watched the whole thing last night.

UGH!
~

Janet said...

oh, the "non-verbal communication" made me laugh so hard!

Newt? Really? They must want Obama to stay in office so they can continue to blame the dems...that's the only thing that makes sense.

smalltownme said...

That's a lovely sky to wake up to.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been able to watch the repub's primaries, which is probably a good thing. I'd hate to throw something at the TV and break it. It' wouldn't be a passive-aggressive throat-clearing! (you make me laugh)

But that sky? Gorgeous!