Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Thematic Photographic - the natural world

Carmi, at Written, Inc., posts a weekly photo challenge called Thematic Photographic. This week, the theme is THE NATURAL WORLD. Take a picture that supports this week's theme, then share it on your blog or website. 

click to "embiggen"
 Sometimes good pictures happen by mistake. I stopped along the side of the beach road to watch an amazing flock of birds one morning. So did other people, including this unknown woman. While I was photographing the birds, I ended up getting her in a couple of shots by mistake, as she stopped and turned as I was clicking the shutter.

I think having her there, looking at that sky, really works, don't you? I wish I could thank her.

8 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Waves, birds, sky...and yes, and your unknown friend focuses it all.
~

Tina´s PicStory said...

wonderful scene! :)

Max Sartin said...

I agree, having her there, looking off in the distance, makes the photo. The right place, the right time and knowing it. Good job.

Anonymous said...

The balance is perfect, including the mystery woman! Great shot.

Alexia said...

Lovely. A great shot - very evocative.

Vicki said...

Fantastic shot! I love beaches and all the elements they provide. Thanks for sharing. :)

Bob Scotney said...

Her presence gives so much depth to this picture combining the elements.

carmilevy said...

No mistake at all: She was meant to be there, at that moment. I'm in total agreement with everyone else: she gives the shot perspective. Without her, it would be a beach shot. With her, there's a story we all wish we could learn more about. Awesomely thought-provoking, and a totally unique take on the theme.