Friday, August 17, 2012

Thematic Photographic - Grey

Carmi at the blog Written, Inc. posts a weekly photo challenge. This week, the theme is "GREY."

As Carmi puts it, grey is more like the absence of color. "Or," as he says, "an in-between kind of color, as grey is one of those colors that always seems to be wavering between one optical state and another."


"Regarde le ciel" - look at the sky. A phrase spray-painted on the crosswalk of a busy boulevard in Paris.


Today I'm looking at the sky. Here at 8:00 in the morning, there's a cloud cover, but it's still warm, and promising to be hot in the afternoon. With this moisture in the air, it's going to be muggy.

5 comments:

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I love that sign and love even more that it was on the ground. You have a great eye for catching these little moments on film (I'm thinking of the cat on the wall photo too). It's one of the things that I like most about your blog. I'm thinking that "regarde le ciel" should be my mantra today.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Nice sky, Aunt Snow.

And you reminded me I need to go through my pics to make an 'official' grey post.

;-)

Anonymous said...

Bloody muggy yesterday but the sky was lovely

Gilly said...

Love the grey message! And its very muggy here, too!

carmilevy said...

That sign made me laugh out loud...I love that someone with a paintbrush has such a sense of humor.

Which reminds me, we all need to look up more often. As you've shown us here, lots of cool stuff going on way up there!