Thursday, August 15, 2013

Home invasion terrorism!


We're really lucky that we have a fierce watchdog to protect us.

Actually, the weird thing is that Jack NEVER barks, but this evening at about 8:45 suddenly he came to attention from his position sleeping on the living room rug, and advanced vigilantly into our entry hall, facing our closed front door.

He huffed through his nose menacingly, and then - very unusual for him - he barked, a deep warning, again and again. We wondered - what could it be? A coyote, a mountain lion in our driveway?

I got up, held his collar, and, checking to see the porch light was on, ventured to open the front door.

 OH MY GOD!!

Someone left a giant zucchini on our porch!


A sense of the scale of this sucker. This thing is h-u-u-u-u-ge! Call Homeland Security!

12 comments:

Xeompho said...

Awesome! I'm looking forward to the stuffed marrow recipe...

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Hahahahaha... that is hilarious!
(I'd be jealous except I have 2 smaller versions in my fridge right now.)

Susan B said...

LOL! I was afraid you were going to come face-to-face with a would-be burglar. Time for some zucchini bread!

smalltownme said...

Attack of the killer zucchinis!

M. Bouffant said...

I'll bet Jack reacted because he doesn't like zucchini any more than I do.

mistah charley, ph.d. said...

that dog looks fierce

Kizz at 117 Hudson said...

He's right, that thing could hurt someone!

materfamilias said...

When I was little, we dreaded my grandma's donations of large zucchin from her garden, none of us (except my parents) fans then of any of the squashes (I've changed since!). So we would have valued Jack's vigilance hugely! Give that dog a bone! ;-)

cookingwithgas said...

No give him the zucchini.
Tell them to leave you some smaller ones.
At this size I feed them to chickens.

cactus petunia said...

Holy cow! You, too??? I've heard that August is "Sneak a Zucchini Onto Your neighbor's Front Porch" month...it happened to me just the other night: http://www.buenosburritos.blogspot.com/2013/08/late-night-hijinks.html

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Zucchini Watch Dog on duty.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

He would be very popular in Minnesota.