Friday, April 18, 2014

Getting comfortable


A little too comfortable. I came into the living room to find Jack curled up comfortably on the couch, a pillow behind his head.

He felt so entitled to be there, he didn't move at my command, and I had to push him off physically. Chagrined, he sat blinking at me while I scolded him.

Then I led him to his dog bed, across the room, and he snuggled into it while I told him he was a good boy.

We have to put a footstool on the couch when we go out to prevent dog-napping on the couch, but he did this while I was home!!

4 comments:

Kizz at 117 Hudson said...

But you weren't in the room. He's learned that being on the couch when you're around is the wrong thing but not that being on the couch is the wrong thing. That latter is really hard to teach!

Trudy said...

I had an old dog...we never found her on the couch when we came home, but I long suspected she was there. As she grew old, she lost much of her hearing...so we would come home and find her sleeping away on the couch. She couldn't hear the garage door opener in order to leap from her spot. It drove my husband crazy, he began barracading the couch...I just figured she probably had been doing this for 15 years, we just didn't catch her....so I didn't fret too much.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

The neighbor dog that I babysit has so taken over the couch that he actually sits there and whines for me to come sit with him. Cute but ridiculous. I'd have a very hard time denying Jack anything with that face of his.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

He looks rather regal in this photograph.