Monday, June 9, 2014

Not my problem


I just got off the phone with a customer who needs our office to issue him a certain kind of permit that he needs by June 14. Months ago, he received a check-list of things he has to do before the permit can be issued, with a deadline of last Friday to complete them.

He has dutifully completed most of them, but there are some important items remaining, one of which is an official document from another government agency.

I contacted him this morning to let him know that I need him to forward me that item before noon on Wednesday, because I'll be out of the office on Thursday and Friday.

He told me he wouldn't be able to get it until Thursday, so if I needed it, I should contact that other agency myself. 

What is it about people who just rub you the wrong way?  This fellow has also told me, in reference to this permit he needs, that it's "just the same as last time,"  - I guess meaning I should look up last time's record and fill in the blanks on his application for him?

So, this morning I gently reminded him that it's his responsibility to complete the requirements if he wants the permit.

I restrained myself from adding that as far as our office was concerned, it didn't matter whether he got his permit.

Instead I gave him the name of another contact he can work with on Thursday and Friday.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

smalltownme said...

Many people have rubbed me the wrong way lately! I wish I had porcupine quills to shoot at them.