Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thematic Photographic - Favorite Photos of the Year

Carmi, at Written, Inc., posts a weekly photographic challenge, based on a theme. But this time, it's different. To wrap up the year, Carmi urges us to post our FAVORITE PHOTOS OF THE YEAR. The challenge goes on through January 6, 2011. Go visit Carmi's site and see who else shares favorite photos.

I was so lucky to be given an assignment at the beach this summer. The every changing sky and waves and light and people make the beach a fascinating photographic subject. I took my camera out every day and tried to capture the elusive beauty before me. Sometimes I succeeded. Sometimes I didn't. Here's an assortment of photos from the beach.

The beach in the morning, after the tractors have groomed the sand into a perfect circle.

A ship on the horizon, a noon-time sky.

That sky, again.

Another morning, this one with storm clouds.

The mist, the mountains, the sea and the sand.

4 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I love those pictures of the surf, I can imagine myself in it.
~

Anonymous said...

They hire tractors to groom the sand?!?
I love the picture of the "tamed" sand and the wild storm clouds. And I especially love your header this month and the GORGEOUS view from your home. You are truly blessed!

shrink on the couch said...

Oh beautemous beaches, how I miss thee. Thanks for the glimpse of heaven. I've never seen mountains framing a beach like that. Wonderful shot.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I really love that last one--gorgeous!

I'm heading out to the beach tomorrow, weather permitting, to ride my bike along the boardwalk. It's nice to live in Southern California!