Sunday, January 30, 2011

What did I do this weekend?

Yesterday it was clear and bright, the sky incredibly blue, with a pale mist coming into the canyon from the ocean.

You can see it, as it fades the mountains on the other side of the canyon into a soft pastel. This is the kind of day that makes me understand what Maxfield Parrish was seeing when he was painting.

Today it rained in the morning and into the early afternoon. [The Man I Love] and I went into town to see a movie, "The King's Speech." We had a glass of wine and some nibbles at a place near the theatre, then came home.

A good weekend. How was yours?

4 comments:

unmitigated me said...

The King's Speech and Colin Firth are definite Oscar winners in my book, although, since we saw The Fighter this weekend, I am thinking maybe Christian Bale will beat out Geoffrey Rush for the Supporting Actor Oscar.

smalltownme said...

Our weekend was good -- we adopted two cats.

CaShThoMa said...

Love to hear about what others do on weekends; I'm inspired to get to the movies (the real ones) since I've just been "netflix-ing" of late.

My weekend was good; Costco run, errands, reading, church with my 94 y/o dad and multiple past episdoes of LOST on TV. Ahhhh.

Anonymous said...

I have *so* been wanting to see that film! Instead, we have been shoveling snow and keeping warm.
Thank you for that beautiful picture of warmth and sunshine.