Sunday, November 25, 2012

Lazy weekend

Rose "Winchester Cathedral" in bloom in my garden
It's a lazy holiday weekend for us. We had a nice, simple, unconventional Thanksgiving dinner. [The Man I Love] got a nice piece of salmon filet which he cooked on an alder plank over charcoal.


We had nice little Yukon Gold potatoes and brussels sprouts from the Santa Monica Farmers' Market - the potatoes simply steamed with butter and parsley; the sprouts oven roasted with bacon.

With dill and mustard glaze
You've already seen my Quince Apple Crisp that was dessert.

No turkey leftovers for sandwiches, but we had some leftover salmon. This, flaked and mixed with breadcrumbs, seasonings and egg, made nice salmon cakes or croquettes for a Friday night dinner.

We stuck around home all weekend. On Black Friday we took Jack to a dog park, but stayed as far away from stores as we could. Saturday I joined the writers' workshop I've been going to. Saturday night - I confess we ordered pizza!

Tonight we're sharing a meal with our good neighbors - we're bringing dessert and a side; they're providing the main entree, a lovely looking rib-eye.

Hope you're all having just as nice a time.


4 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Looks very tasty!

I played golf on Friday. Fifteen dollars to walk 18 at Cacapon State Park...Unbeatable.
~

Jen on the Edge said...

I just love your unconventional Thanksgiving dinner. We had a traditional lunch with my parents, then had our household's traditional Tex Mex for dinner. :-)

smalltownme said...

First salmon, then ribeye. Delicious!

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Sounds like a nice low-key Thanksgiving.