Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fashion encounter

The other day in a small Seattle boutique, I stood with another customer at the full-length mirror. I was considering a tunic dress I had tried on. She was looking at a cardigan sweater.

She paid me a compliment on my choice, and I returned the favor. She DID look wonderful - she had a great orange tweedy jacket that looked wonderful against her dark skin, and a bright scarf at her throat. As I looked through the Sale rack, I overheard her conversation with the saleswoman.

No, she didn't have much time, she had a car waiting outside. She was on a book tour, had done a reading here and was on her way to the airport. I asked her the name of her book.

Here it is:


Now go get it. Because any woman who can dress as cool and be as nice as Terry McMillan is worth a read.

2 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

wow how cool !

Sue said...

No kidding...you rubbed elbows with the rich and famous!