Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Pie a Week - Peachy keen

Peaches are still in the market, and today at the Palisades Farmers' Market, I found these. The size of a softball, they were beautiful yellow peaches.


I made a traditional American-style peach pie with a lattice topping.

A woven lattice topping is an easy way to make a great visual impact. I recently bought this cool little fluted pastry wheel to cut the strips for the lattice.


I served the pie to [The Man I Love] and a group of three young men in their early 20s - Our Son and a couple of friends. Rave reviews. There's only one piece left now. It's MINE, for breakfast!!

5 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

looks delicious

smalltownme said...

Mmmm. Frank's been making peach cobbler.

cactus petunia said...

I'll be right over!

Sue said...

Mmm...looks so good. We just transitioned to apples over the weekend!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I made a lattice peach pie recently but it wasn't anywhere near as pretty. I think I might ask Santa for that handy-dandy little crimped wheel!