Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I. Want. Wine.

 

I feel like crying and kicking my feet and holding my breath till I turn blue. Tonight I went out to a really nice restaurant and had a really delicious dinner. And I drank tea.

I want wine.

I don't think it's the alcohol I crave - I'm not really having that hard a time abstaining, actually. But tonight, I really wanted a glass of wine.

Perhaps it depends on the food. My current diet is as unsophisticated as a school-child's - tuna sandwiches, chicken noodle soup, cream of tomato soup, turkey sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, cereal with milk. Who needs to drink wine with that?

But when I eat something complex and flavorful and rich like fresh-made green pea ravioli in a rich and lemony beurre blanc, I don't want iced tea, or seltzer, or lemonade or even water.

I want wine.

Two more months. Wah.

6 comments:

Cloudia said...

Hang in there, Dear!



Warm Aloha from Honolulu

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

<°)}}><

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. I've been there (major food restrictions) and it's no fun. At all.

Would it help if I kicked my legs and screamed with you?

And maybe pour your replacement beverage in a wine glass.

21 Wits said...

Ah yes the whinning for wine....been there, and have a secret stash, for those moments in life when one desires a cool glass of wine..... ;)

Max Sartin said...

Mmmmm, that looks good, making me hungry! And you're right, a good meal deserves a good wine.

SUEB0B said...

I hope you are all better soon. I am like you - I want to eat what I want, when I want it. I was only in Costa Rica for 10 days, but I craved some foods so much, and I got mighty tired of rice and beans.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Sometimes I can fool myself if I use the appropriate fancy glass and an acceptable replacement beverage.
Mostly, though, I can't.
Hang in there!