Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Still unsure, at my age


We're staying at a wonderful boutique hotel in the small town of Geneva, Illinois. The furnishings are elegant, and there is a view of the Fox River from our room's balcony.

A good place to walk in the morning



We had a wonderful meal in the hotel restaurant, and came up to our room for a nice soak in the lavish bath. Such enjoyment and luxury!


Although I like to think I am sophisticated, sometimes I am confronted with things that make me feel like an ignorant rube.

Bidet
Can anyone tell me how to use one of these? I've never tried one before. What do you do exactly?

And it's funny for me to be here in Geneva, Illinois feeling like a dumb schoolgirl, because - well, you'll hear more later.

5 comments:

Glennis said...

The straddle part doesn't sound relaxing....

Is the point of the thing hygiene, or associated sensual benefits?

Seriously, how did I get to be 56 years old without learning about these things?

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Smoke on the Water...

Oops, wrong Geneva!
~

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I dunno, I can see a bidet of your own, but one that everybody has been using?

Mrs. G. said...

I know this is small and petty, but I'm jeeeeaaaallllouuuus! Have fun.

Debra said...

Hey you're in my neck of the woods! Enjoy:-)