Thursday, June 23, 2016

Los Angeles light


I'm in Los Angeles for a few days. When I flew in, you could see the downtown buildings against a sky filled with smoke from nearby fires.


The fierce heat wave that had been going on has broken since I got here. Near the beach, at Palisades Park in Santa Monica, it was a cool breezy 78 degrees.


A dish of osh - Persian soup - at Attari Sandwich Shop in Westwood. Made with a variety of herbs, grains and pulses - lentils, beans, chickpeas - it;'s laced with thick yogurt and served with crispy caramelized onions on top.




The beach.


And rising above the beach, the mysterious Villa de Leon in Pacific Palisades.


The beach again, Castle Rock.

2 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

The beach in your photographs is a salve for my inland-bound eyes, while the picture of the soup and your description of it made me suddenly hungry.
May your visit there go well!

Ellen Bloom said...

Welcome home...for awhile anyway!