Sunday, September 25, 2016

Second line Sunday


Today was the Second Line for the Young Men Olympians Social and Pleasure Club, in Central City New Orleans. This is a club that dates back to 1884, and has a large following. There were several bands of dancers, in different color schemes, and brass bands to match.

 I was there, with my camera, hoping to capture the feeling and the vibe.

My favorite photo is of this young man, marching out with his cohort. Carrying on a tradition from the past, yet looking toward the future. How beautiful and striking and poignant he is. He has the world ahead of him. To me, a young man like this embodies hope for the future.

Can we agree that not only do Black Lives Matter, more importantly, Young Black Lives Matter?

2 comments:

David Duff said...

All lives matter.

Ellen Bloom said...

FANTASTIC photo, Glennis! You've really captured the spirit of the parade. I absolutely LOVE your take on life in New Orleans! Thank you!