Monday, February 23, 2009

Thematic Photographic - Busted

Every Wednesday, Carmi posts the week's theme for Thematic Photographic. For the next seven days, bloggers post photos that echo that theme. This week's theme is: Busted.

"My bills are all due and the baby needs shoes and I'm busted
Cotton is down to a quarter a pound, but I'm busted
I got a cow that went dry and a hen that won't lay
A big stack of bills that gets bigger each day
The county's gonna haul my belongings away cause I'm busted."
- Ray Charles, 1963
This abandoned gas station and store is in Angelina County in east Texas. Busted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo! for the photo and the lyrics together.

It is sad, though.

Anonymous said...

Glennis, this is perfect. I love it!

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

A great photo for this week's theme - Thanks for sharing! :)

Woman in a Window said...

Oh, that poor little station. Somehow I'd like to rescue it. Imagine, it was once someone's livihood!

Unknown said...

Wow. Something to contemplate.