Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thematic Photographic - Candid

"Thematic Photographic" - Carmi at the blog Written, Inc. presents a weekly themed photographic challenge. This week's theme is CANDID. Check in and see who else contributes photos based on this idea.

As Carmi puts it: "This week's theme, candid, is all about capturing people when they may not be aware you're doing so. It's about telling stories of people as they are, not as they're trying to be."

Once I started looking for candid photos, I suddenly saw them everywhere. Or, at least, I suddenly saw them all over Paris. You just have to know where to look.

This is another photo from our Paris trip. We were inside the famous Left Bank bookstore, Shakespeare & Company. This is cropped from a photo I took of a welcoming armchair among the bookshelves.

This young woman browses the stacks, totally absorbed in the books before her - as only those who truly love to read can become absorbed.

3 comments:

Cloudia said...

Like seeing my own ghost!



years passed. . . .



Aloha from Waikiki

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


<°)}}><

shrink on the couch said...

Ooh, I'd love to spend part of my weekend browsing that book store.

21 Wits said...

I too have become lost in the search and so absorbed anything could happen without me knowing! This looks like a very fascinating book store too...neat picture, thanks! ...and great job on the Bean or Cloud Gate, I wrote you a short note. Check out Anish Kapoor on google images, he's the artist and an amazing one at that!