Monday, November 19, 2012

Is anybody listening?


Recent email correspondence:

Wednesday -
  • From: A 
  • To: B, C, D.
  • Subject: XYZ Meeting
  • Please find attached the agenda for the upcoming XYZ meeting. FYI, all historical records of the XYZ meeting are saved in our shared directory at [File path]
Thursday morning -
  • From: B
  • To:  A, C, D
  • Subject: Agenda for XYZ meeting
  • Where can I find the agenda for the XYZ meetings? Can you send me a copy?
Thursday afternoon -
  • From: A
  • To: B, C, D
  • Subject: RE: Agenda for XYZ meeting
  • All the notes for the XYZ meetings are saved at [File Path].
Friday:
  • From:A
  • To: B, C, D
  • Subject: XYZ meeting handoff
  • Monday is my last day staffing the XYZ meeting, since I have tranfered to another department. Person B will be taking over my duties. Please find attached a document that describes all the duties for staffing the XYZ meeting. It explains where the records can be found in the network directory, and explains everything that needs to be done to set up the meeting. 
Monday morning -
  • From: B
  • To: C
  • Subject: Tonight's XYZ meeting
  • Do you know whether A will be coming to the XYZ meeting this evening? What does she do to prepare for the meeting? What do I have to bring? How many prints do I make? Do you have a copy of the agenda? Can I review it? Where is it saved?
Someone isn't listening.


10 comments:

smalltownme said...

B is clueless.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Wow. I don't hold out much hope for the continued sanity of persons C and D.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

This is making me feel slightly crazy.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I'm so happy that I largely work alone.

Max Sartin said...

Sounds like me and my directions to my 7th graders.

Anonymous said...

Do you have any hair left?

I am so so so glad I'm retired. Lucky too. (My hair is almost back to normal.)

ALBUG

M. Bouffant said...

It's one thing not to listen (My friend & sexual associate is inordinately proud of her ability to "just tune people out" even as they speak at her.) but inability to read/comprehend is going a little too far.

Alexia said...

This sounds scarily identical to people at my place of work!

Sharon said...

This is hysterical funny and so classically fundamental to the workplace! Although, I have had more clients than co-workers act like B.

Great post!

Gilly said...

Aunt Snow - I'm asking my sister who lives a great deal nearer London than I do, what garden-visiting opportunities there are in December! Weather could be deep snow, pouring rain, dull grey or pleasant winter sunshine. Welcome to England!