|Flowers in the dunes at San Buenaventura beach|
Here's what's happening in my life:
- Our son's summer is coming to an end and he will be moving to the Bay area soon, for his PhD. work. He's looking for a place to live. He'll be couch-surfing for a little while, but I know he'll get settled soon. And then we can visit!
- The drought continues, and now, in August, heat. We're trying to stay cool
- [The Man I Love] has made a big step toward healthy living. He's got a regular exercise routine going now. I, on the other hand, am still lazy.
- At work, back in February, our Division Manager took a new job in our organization. They began a search for her replacement, hiring an Interim Manager during the, well, interim. Apparently, the search was unsuccessful; no one has been hired. They've asked the Interim Manager to stay on, but for a finite period. So what that means, I suspect, is a re-organization. Having been through one already, I am hunkering down, and scheduling a meeting with Calpers, our retirement agency.
- I've decided for sure that I am going to try to go back to graduate school and get an MFA degree in Creative Writing. I've got four or five schools picked out. I'm reviewing their application procedures, and starting to contact people who can write me letters of reference. If I get accepted, it will be to start in Autumn, 2015. Application deadline is January, 2015.
What's up with you guys?