Friday, March 12, 2010

From one beach to another

My morning commute. What a rat race, huh?

We're taking a little break, a little vacation. We're flying across the country to visit family in Florida, on the Gulf Coast.

When I tell people at work that I'm taking a vacation, they all ask if we're going somewhere wonderful - and I say, yes, of course, we are. We're going somewhere where there are palm trees and warm sandy beaches......

Um...wait a minute. Don't I already live in a place where there are palm trees and warm sandy beaches?


Maybe getting away is more about what's going on in your head than what's going on outside....

8 comments:

Sue said...

Oh, but those beaches are very different! My parents live on the gulf coast of Florida, my favorite place in the world:) Safe travels.

Blondie's Journal said...

Well, that certainly make sense!! Having been to both Florida and California, I will say they smell different. And I think Florida has more humidity. I thought the flowers were brighter in California and I thought the people in Florida dressed up more.

Wow. I hope I haven't started a war. Just my opinions!

xoxo
Jane

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

All this beachin'!

And here I am, in Ohio. Getting whiter by the minute.
~

sewa mobil said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gilly said...

The East coast of England is very different from the West coast. And in between is a mere skip compared to east and west in the US.

I'm sure the differences are even greater in the US. Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy the east-ness!

(Just read that and it sounds a bit convoluted! Hope you understand!)

Unknown said...

I hope you have a wonderful time with your family! : ) Enjoy the sunshine and the sand! : )

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.