Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chicken run

It's all about chickens this week!!

Our neighbors keep chickens, and we've been lucky recipients of eggs - there's nothing better than fresh eggs. And Jack enjoys watching the chickens through the fence.

Recently they got some more chickens. This morning as I headed to my car to go to work, I caught these birds trying to escape.

I called my neighbor, and when I went back outside, the bird on the left was walking around in my driveway. My neighbor coaxed it back through the gate but then we looked up.

They're in the trees now. These chickens can fly.

7 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

Very cool. Those fresh eggs really taste better, don't they?

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

oho
wings need clippin'!

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Awesome, the "city chicken" movement is picking up steam. Last month, I met a girl in Brooklyn who was starting a coop.

cactus petunia said...

Love that picture! We have lots of chickens in our neighborhood also. I've been forbidden from adding anymore animals to our household, or I'd have some too!

Gilly said...

They are not Bantams, are they? Bantams are supposed to real Houdinis at escaping!

I love those black and white speckled chickens.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I think it's very cool how keeping chickens is getting so popular. I don't think my dogs would allow it, though!

Anonymous said...

Danger, Will Robinson!

I love fresh eggs.