Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Shelter from the storm


It had been threatening to storm all day. We were sitting on the front porch late at night when she showed up.

A stray pug, no collar. Out late at night, alone.

Who is she?

There's a storm brewing. I want to shelter her. We are keeping her over night until we can find her owner.

UPDATE: This morning I went out with her on a leash, and there was a woman stapling flyers on the phone pole. As soon as she saw the dog, she let out a cry of joy.

The dog is named Tulip and she's our neighbor around the corner on Royal Street. But last night, she had a great pajama party with Jack and our house guest Noodles.

1 comment:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

That's a wonderful story. I'm happy you found the poor foundling's owner.

I love great neighborhood stories like this. I live in a close knit neighborhood, and it sounds like yours is just as connected.