Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Things that go bump in the night


Sigh.

It's been an odd week. Last night, [The Man I Love] got up in the middle of the night, and while trying to walk around Jack, the dog, who was asleep on the floor of our bedroom hallway, he stubbed his little toe on the door jamb. I think his toe is broken.

Saturday night it was me - up in the night, going down the short flight of steps to the kitchen, I somehow collided with the portable heater and went ass over tea-kettle, landing on the slate-tile floor. I have a purple bruise the size of a paperback book on the back of my thigh.

Jack had his own problems - unable to tell us he had a queasy tummy, on Monday night he found a quiet corner in the back of [The Man I Love]'s office, and relieved himself of it there. Have you ever been awakened at 3:00 a.m. by a smell? Cleaning up dog poo in your pajamas is not fun. Especially when it's on carpet.

Maybe the rest of the week will go better.

8 comments:

smalltownme said...

If things come in threes, then you're done. I've done both the toe thing and the bruise thing, although fortunately not at the same time.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Good luck!

I'm still sore in the thumb from when my dad rolled the Highlander.

P.S. There's a lot of things that go bump in the night here on Cacapon Mountain. But they're live things!
~

Jen on the Edge said...

Dog poo in the night. Yuck.

I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself worse. Still, I'm sure that bruise is mighty painful. :-(

Linda said...

Yes to all three.
That smell in the middle of the night is the worst ever!

Mingus said...

Dog poo in the night,
Exchanging glances.....

Lifeofkaylen said...

I have a cat who doesn't like her litter box, but uses it because she's a good girl...but she spends the least amount of time possible in the box, which means she doesn't bury her deposits. I have woken MANY nights to a very strong (horrible) smell! It's the worst.

cactus petunia said...

Oh...You know I've been there. My utmost sympathy!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

You need a nightlight!
Not that it would help with the dog poop... ugh!

(I don't need the dark to trip and bruise myself -- I'm so talented that I do it all the time, day and night.)