Thursday, February 13, 2014

Courage


I am proud to know the woman in this article. I've known her as a colleague for a couple of years. I was not aware of this part of her life until I read it today.

The choice this couple made is not what I might have done, but I'm glad I live in a city where they can live their lives as they wish.  I'm delighted they are happy, and brave enough  to tell the world!

He says she's a hero. I think they both are.

What do you think? What would you bravely tell the world about yourself?

2 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Aunt Snow, I just read this over at Derfwad Manor. I think he has great tastes in clothing and looks fabulous. The fact that he doesn't wear make-up and goes for a polished look raises my opinion of his style. It's not about showmanship, it's about personality and being honest with oneself. But what I really love is that they have discussed this and came out as a couple. The article was written by someone who was completely non-judgmental and I think it helps the reader feel the same way. I've spent plenty of time in my life wearing men's clothing; who am I to judge a man for wanting to wear an article of clothing seen in our culture as strictly feminine?
My own husband would probably look much better in a dress than I do, so if I was in your colleague's place, I'd just be envious!

cactus petunia said...

Amazing article. Thanks for sharing it! I completely understand. I've worn men's jeans, t shirts and jackets for years, and that's completely acceptable most places…why NOT the other way around?