Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Zoomed


What is it about our sense of timing? Today just zoomed by! I looked up from my desk and it was 4:30 pm.  Then, only minutes later, it seems, I heard a co-worker call out, "You coming?" It was 5:30, quitting time.

I work a schedule they call "980" which means we work 80 hours over nine days. So Monday through Thursday, we work nine hour days, and on every other Friday we work eight hours. Alternate Fridays, we get the day off.

This is a particularly sweet week, since we had Monday off for the President's Day holiday, and this Friday is our Friday Off.

Those nine hour days can seem very long. But that's not how it was today. Today zoomed!

2 comments:

smalltownme said...

Zooming is good, when it's at work! On the weekends, I would want the time to pass very slowly.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

My work day seems to zoom often, leaving me with little time to accomplish much.
Love that picture!