Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pink Saturday - Sweet dreams

Pink Saturday - Beverly at the blog "How Sweet the Sound" hosts Pink Saturday. Let the color pink inspire you!

I was visiting an antique show at a local exhibit hall. And I encountered this inviting and elegant chaise longue. Upholstered in pink velour, its frame is wood carved with floral elements, and painted in pretty colors.


Doesn't it look inviting? Wouldn't you like to recline on it, with a good book?

Chaise longue is French. It translates to "long chair." In America, it's been mistakenly changed to "chaise lounge" - a chair for lounging in?

This chaise longue was part of a bedroom suite on display at the show. There was a queen-sized bed, two end tables, and a dresser with a bombe front, and a mirror.


All beautifully painted with flowers, roses, and ornate hardware. The seller told me that the suite was Italian, dating from around the 1930s.

The price? $15,000.00 for the set.

A little much for a chair to lounge in.

But, oh, how pretty!

What kind of dreams would you have sleeping in that bed?

14 comments:

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi G
la Chaise longue era un antico componente della casa di mia madre che essendo francese era naturale averla, ed ora che è morta è diventato un componente della mia casa.
E' molto antica ed ancora ben conservata.
Appena mi sarà possibile, inserirò una foto nel mio blog.
felice sabato :-)

dana said...

What a lovely chaise. I can see myself stretched out on it....surfing PS posts on my laptop. Heck, I forgot. I don't have a lap top. I could still see myself stretched out on it!

Happy Pink Sat! Dana

unmitigated me said...

I am very proud of the amount of the Italian I can decipher! Also, in that bed, hopefully I'd be dreaming of a new mate, as Husband would NOT approve of that in our room. Well, if I wanted it bad enough, he'd be okay, but with eternal whining privileges.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

My Goodness! What terrific Eye Candy!
Debbie-Dabble

Nancy said...

I would definitely have on a gossamer gown and a copy of Tender is the Night! Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I would have to be someone else to sleep in that bedroom!

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Oh - that bedroom set is so beautiful. What a price though. Thanks for sharing - Happy Pink Saturday!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

How beautiful is that chaise! Would love to stretch out on it with a book and a cup of tea! Happy Pink Day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Terri Morse said...

If I had that kind of money, that whole set would have to come home with me! When I was a little girl, I used to sleep over at my grandparents house a lot. They had a beautiful chaise in their bedroom that my grandfather upholstered in a lovely pink fabric. It was filled with down. It was understood that that was my bed and it was like sleeping on a cloud! I hope your week is wonderful. Terri

Sue said...

I love painted furniture. I don't have any, it wouldn't really work in my home...and yet I'm always drawn to it. The chaise does look comfortable!

Sue

Anonymous said...

Wow beautiful post and photos.
Happy Pink Saturday still going through list!

Birgit said...

Hi Glennis,

Wow, what beautiful photos on your blog -- and, of course, perfect for Pink Saturday, too. :)

Greetings from Munich,
Birgit

Marie said...

What a gorgeous gorgeous chaise longue! Thanks for a pretty pink post!
Making my PSat rounds late, but wanted to see all of the loveliness.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Happy Chinese New Year giveaway

Sherry from Alabama said...

What beautiful furniture! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine