Sunday, February 7, 2010

Spring?

After two solid days of rain, today the sky was clear and bright. We took a walk out Red Rock Canyon Park.



The creek was full but not overflowing, and everywhere was the sound of running water. Water poured off the sides of the huge rocks and trickled into the stream.


The wildflowers are not yet blooming - at least not many. I found this little yellow mushroom growing up in the grass. It's smaller than my little finger.

Lots of people were out, especially families with small children and dogs - the children in their rubber boots splashing in the puddles and wading in the creek.

Jack's not interested in the water - he prefers to keep his paws dry and clean. But he sure had a nice time.

Is it almost spring?

8 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I enjoyed your pictures, a place I have never been before. Pretty mushroom!

xoxo
Janie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Von said...

Lovely, surely it is just round the corner with the first signs showing now.
Love to hear that you call a creek a creek and rubber boots, rubber boots!!Makes me feel quite at home!

M. Bouffant said...

That reminds me, I should go to Griffith Park & see if the waterfall's been turned on. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Ah, the sound of rushing water in a creek and children in puddle boots! Definitely signs of Spring! I confess to a twinge of envy.

Sue said...

I love the sound of the water. More snow expected here in the next couple of hours...you are so lucky!

Sue

Nishant said...

it is just round the corner with the first signs showing now.

Work from home India

Queenly Things said...

I saw those same mushroom's on a friends lawn just yesterday. I don't believe I've seen that kind before. Maybe it's a new California shroom.