Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The essence of L.A.


Our Son, who's been living in the UK for a year, has returned home for the holidays. And while he enjoys living England, this afternoon he savored once again the true essence of LA.

Yucas shares a parking lot with a liquor store
Sitting in the winter afternoon sunshine at a flimsy table in a parking lot, eating a burrito from a tiny food shack, while the traffic in the street goes by.  The orange grease oozes through the paper wrapping and runs down your wrist.


A cochinita pibil burrito from Yuca's on Hillhurst in Los Feliz.

It's Los Feliz, so you expect hipsters
A liquor store on one side and a nail shop on the other.


Jack likes it, too.

5 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Ketel One
Knob Creek
Glenlivet
Grey Goose

I'll have one of each, thank you. And a cochinita pibil.

;)

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I love cochinita pibil. I imagine it's next-to-impossible to get really good Mexican food in London.

cactus petunia said...

I think the food is what I miss most about California!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Baby dog! :) Your son no doubt enjoys the warm air, I sure as heck would like some right now....and those booze prices are excellent. Golly, why am I not there now......

Sheila said...

Those places are great and just so L.A. There used to be one in Long Beach that was fabuloso.