Sunday, December 25, 2011

Malibu Christmas

Click to "embiggen"
 Christmas Eve, high on a hill in Malibu, looking out to the Pacific Ocean. That's Santa Barbara Island, to the left, and San Nicholas Island, on the right side.


Jack plays with his friends Franny and Lulu.


To the south and east, the lights of Santa Monica and the South Bay, and Catalina Island. And a giant edifice down the hill, new since our last visit, built by some mogul. Wonder which one of his chimneys Santa will come down?

3 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Wow, those pastel colors are lovely- we have a washed-out palette of grays, wan greens, and browns these days.

Lala said...

I must say I think I wished too hard for those California-type Christmases I'd been missing... the kind where you could actually take the bike or other outside toy you'd just opened OUTSIDE to play with! In my little part of the upper midwest it was 50 degrees today! It was nice, but no matter how far I walked in either direction, I never got an ocean view, or found any rolling hills with twinkling stars living on them...

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Beautiful photos. Gorgeous colors and skies.