Thursday, December 1, 2011

LA weather forecasters strike out again

Well, once again, the foretold disaster scenario is underwhelming.

Something we should be grateful for, after all. We were warned of hurricane-force winds, high fire conditions in our mountains and canyon - in short, disaster. Last night was blustery. Today, walking across Pico Boulevard in Santa Monica to pick up my lunch, the wind tossed my skirt around my knees.

Right now, here in Topanga? Cold, crisp, clear and quiet.

Part of me is relieved we've avoided a threat of wildfires and destruction. But part of me is a little disappointed that yet again, the LA weatherforecasters have fallen short of their dire predictions. It could have been exciting.

Jack
Good night, all. We're safe and sound. Hope you are too.

UPDATE: Well,this morning I feel foolish and selfish, too. Things weren't so bad here in Topanga, but in other parts of the county, like Pasadena, the winds caused a lot of damage and power outages. So those of you who are dealing with those problems, please forgive my cavalier attitude.

7 comments:

smalltownme said...

I'd rather be overwarned and underwhelmed than the opposite. I didn't think our winds were so bad up here, but our power was out for a while so who knows?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're safe & sound, but I understand your disappointment. Storms are exciting!

We've been told over and over again that this year will have an above normal amount of snowfall. I'm still waiting for a sign of it, but so far all we've had are a few inches that melt away within days. The big wallops happen an hour or two away.

Like you, tonight it is cold, clear, crisp and quite here.

Sheila said...

What time was this posted?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Twas on NPR this morning, your winds. Baby Jack = SWEETIE :)

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Jack says, "What's the big deal?"
~

Linda said...

Watching KOMO CH 4 New's here this morning,hope your power is still on and no trees are down.

Corinna said...

Had to do speech therapy in the dark and cold at my school in Glendale yesterday--the kids were excited for a minute, but by the end of the day EVERYONE was over it.