Sunday, August 2, 2015

Front porch


At our new house, we've got the right kind of porch for sitting on. But when we arrived the four hanging baskets of Boston fern were sadly wilting. And after a few days of heat, it was clear that they were dead.

So today I went up to Harold's Plants on St. Claude and bought what I needed to refurbish the baskets. 


Here they are now - I've planted each one with a large begonia and surrounded it with interesting foliage plants - tradescantia, ferns and creeping jenny.


Bobby at Harold's Plants told me how to plant with the coco-fiber baskets. Harold's is right next to the Press Street railroad tracks, and is a gardener's paradise. I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time up at Harold's Plants. 

4 comments:

Sean Colgin said...

You might, however, have to replace the Adirondack chairs with worn easy wicker chairs more proper for Southern sittin'.

Brooke said...

Is Harold Applewhite the proprietor of Harold's Plants?

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Front porch life is a wonderful life!

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Nicely done, Aunt Snow, beautifying the neighborhood already.