Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ugly T-shirt

I have a lot of T-shirts. I used to get a lot of freebies in my previous line of work, so the idea of actually paying for a T-shirt is a little weird to me.

A lot of my T-shirts are from concerts, shows, or events I've worked. I had a great collection of '70s and '80s vintage shirts from rock and roll tours like Journey, Earth Wind and Fire, Aerosmith, Springsteen....the list goes on.

I have some that are beautifully designed - almost collectors' items - from arts events, and others from blatantly commercial events.

Because free T-shirts tend to be given out in XL size, they make good nightshirts. Also, some are so offensive that the best use you can make of them is to use them as car wash rags. The one I got for running a spotlight on Spinal Tap's "Smell the Glove" tour is a memorable example. Others are just quirky-ugly, almost like an In-Joke.

What's the ugliest T-shirt you have? Here's mine:

Yep. 1994, and it's still in my wardrobe. This is the shirt they gave out to working staff. I remember we all went "Huh?" when we saw it.

Post a picture of your ugliest T-shirt!

4 comments:

Vallen said...

I love hearing about collections that people have going way back. It is just so cool to look back and remember days gone by. I don't have any t-shirts to remark upon, I belive the last one I had was a Woodstock one (!) but I'd love to see more of yours.

Anonymous said...

That is a lawn-cuttin shirt, no doubt about it!

Liz Harrell said...

Well, this last July I went on a trash spree and junked all my old t-shirts. But it would probably have been my Senors of 1998 shirt, horrible graphics and some innane slogan like, "Too Cool For School."

Cringe.

Lara said...

hahaha, I don't have an ugly T-shirt, because if I don't like them, I don't buy them... But for sure, if it's for free, I will take it even if it's ugly :))!