Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I got tagged


Tootsie Farklepants tagged me with a meme. The meme was started by A Girl Named Timi, and it's meant to break up the midweek doldrums. Here's what its all about:

Name 4 things you should know about me before you invite me to your house:

1)
I'll eat almost anything you serve except something too sweet. Seriously. So if you've been wanting to trot out that Martha Stewart party recipe with the exotic ingredients, your family's traditional ethnic specialty made with organ meats, the unusual vegetable you found at the Farmer's Market, or that delicacy you found on your travels to the Islands - I'll eat it and probably love it. But if you're serving buttercream icing and syrup-soaked bon bons with extra powdered sugar, whipped cream and a cherry on top? I'll be happy with a vanilla wafer, thank you.

2)
I'd love it if you'd show me around. As a matter of fact, if you don't I'd be disappointed. I love people's houses and if you're proud of what you've done, I'm only too glad to show appreciation. I generally have House Envy Syndrome about almost everybody's home I visit, and like to imagine what it'd be like to live there.

3)
I'm a good helper. Maybe it's my event planning background, but I'm more at ease helping than perching on a sofa making chit-chat. Let me help in the kitchen, bring food to the buffet, or answer the doorbell - I'll help you out and have a great time meeting your guests. If there's a crisis - a bug needs smooshing or a battery needs jumping - I'm willing to pitch in.

4)
I'm easy going. I like your dog. I like your kids. I'm not put off by a little untidiness. But I can also let my hair down, too. I can tell some racy stories. I'm not afraid to talk politics. I laugh at dirty jokes. I've been known to jump in the pool.

I'm tagging 4 people with this meme -

Cheryl Ann from Hildebrand Road

Amy at Artful Heart

Vallen at Queenly Things

Cactus Petunia at Buenos Burritos

4 comments:

My Artful Heart said...

Tag...I am it....posted mine on my blog and tagged 4 more :)

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I'm glad you're happy with helping out and like untidiness. You'd feel right at home in my house.

Kathy Rogers said...

OK, we can see the haircut. So we know that your hair doesn't have that far to be let down!

Hee.

It's easy to have House Envy Syndrome in L.A. Although it is also easy to have "What Were They Thinking?!" or "Well, Money Can't Buy Taste" syndromes, too.

I get City Envy syndrome when I go on vacation, which is like House Envy syndrome but, you know, bigger. I mentally shop for real estate wherever we go.

Cheryl said...

This is such a great list! I have a feeling you're a very gracious hostess, as well.