Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pink Saturday - Relax

Pink Saturday - Beverly, at the blog "How Sweet the Sound" hosts Pink Saturday. Let the color pink inspire you!

I've been working awfully hard lately and this Pink Saturday all I want to do is relax. I've been traveling a lot recently, so it's nice to just spend a weekend hanging out here in my neighborhood, in the canyon.

This inviting pink chair is always out in front at the Topanga Seed & Feed Store whenever it's open. This store carries gardening supplies and animal feed, as well as garden ornaments and a few whimsies.

You can buy wind chimes and garden gnomes and pink flamingos.


So... let's browse. Let's go next door to Bouboulina's, a pink counter-culture boutique, and check out the bargains. Let's enjoy the California poppies that are blooming here in season. Maybe we can go across the street to Abuelita's for a margarita and some enchiladas.


Let's enjoy Topanga Canyon, and spend the weekend grooving with a little bit of hippie-chic. You can let your hair down. I'll bring my beads. We'll get our groove on.

18 comments:

Teacup Mosaics said...

Love the pink pig, everyone should have one. I have got my beads on so lets have a Happy PS!
Kelley

Tristan Robin said...

best pink flamingo EVER - and, of course, I'm groovin on the flying pig!


HaPpY PiNk SaTuRdAy!

KBeau said...

Great pictures, but you know, of course, that the pink pig is my favorite.

SmilingSally said...

When you see pigs fly, it's time to relax. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday. Check out my book giveaways!

Come for Blue Monday.

dana said...

I LOVE that pink chair, but I love that pink flying pig even more! Haven't you shared that before? I LOVE it! Thanks!

Happy Pink Saturday! Dana

CaShThoMa said...

Love that pink Adirondack chair; yummy indeed. One needs to be eating pink ice cream while lounging in that one.

mo.stoneskin said...

Maybe you should get a pink chair like that at home?

Char said...

When pigs fly you say??!! I have always wanted a pink flamingo for my yard, think I will go on a bird hunt and see what I can find. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Robin said...

A pink Adirondack chair. Now that is whimsical. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday ! X Es X

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Oh yeah, I need a flying pig like that...

RobinfromCA said...

A hot pink Adirondack chair - Excellent!! My sis-in-law from Upstate NY would say "only in California" and I would respond "That's right baby, and proud of it!"

Feelin' groovy...

Happy Pink Saturday!
Robin@Miscellaneous Thoughts

Michelle said...

The flying Pig....LOL!!! I bought my husband a "when pigs fly" painting for his office. LOL!!

Light and Voices said...

I don't believe that I have ever seen a Pink Adirondack chair before. How fun is that?
Joyce

Woman in a Window said...

YOu know, I was just thinking, if I did pink Saturday it would be really difficult. We don't use light colours up here at all, just deep dark hearty colours that can shed the elements.

Cool shots.

Claudia said...

I love the flying pink pig! Happy Pink Saturday!

shrink on the couch said...

How much is that flamingo in the window? And is it made of tin? Want it.

Nancy said...

Love that chair! Still visiting PS posts. Have a happy day!